Ancillary & Weapons Repair Section Supervisor
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Posted: June 27th, 2017
- Closing Date: October 20th, 2017
Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO) requires an Ancillary & Weapons Repair Supervisor at our Meaford, Ontario location.
· Perform corrective, preventative and modification maintenance on all weapons, weapons systems and
ancillary equipment assigned for repair IAW applicable CFTOs & OEM Manuals;
· Conduct weapons incident/accident investigations IAW C-71-006-000/AG-000;
· Research and order repair parts;
· Test fire weapons;
· Perform range duties;
· Perform the duties of an on-call Duty Weapons Tech on a rotational basis;
· Initiate and assist in the preparation of Unsatisfactory Condition Reports (UCRs) and Technical Failure
· Prepare personal timesheets;
· Operate and service trade specific and common hand and power tools; and
· Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free
· Control and supervise all repairs in and out of the Weapons, Materials, Electronics & Optronic Repair Sections;
· Supervise all repair technicians in the Weapons, Materials, Electronics & Optronic Repair Sections and assess their performances;
· Verify and sign all section personnel timesheets;
· Verify and forward completed work orders to the Control Office;
· Monitor technician qualifications and ensure currency;
· Ensure that all fire and industrial safety, WHMIS and environmental regulations are adhered to;
· Ensure that all work spaces are kept clean, orderly and hazard free; and
· Perform any other tasks as detailed by the Department Manager.
Minimum Qualifications & Training
· DND qualification in the Weapons Trade at the QL6A / DP3 level;
· Strong background in the Land Engineering Maintenance System dealing with equipment specific issues of Weapon, Materials, Electronic & Optical repairs; and
· Broad knowledge of computer programs such as MicroSoft Office, DND Program (DRMIS) & the internet.
· 5 Years’ experience in weapons & weapon systems maintenance procedures (08B7); and
· 3 Years’ experience as a Supervisor at the shop foreman level (08B7).
· The DND qualification of QL6A / DP3 in Weapons is required to certify pre-fire checks or conduct weapon investigations (08B8);
· Must be able to acquire a Security Classification, Level II for work in this environment; approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
· Must be able to obtain Controlled Technology Access & Transfer (CTAT) qualification; and
· Must hold a Class G Driver’s License and be able to obtain & maintain a DND 404 license
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. However, failure to submit a cover letter and resume may result in the automatic rejection of your application. ALL INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISOR OF THEIR INTEREST AND INTENT TO APPLY.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your application:
Attn: MARION RUNGE, HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
139152 Grey Rd. 112, RR#1, Meaford, ON, N4L 0A1
No phone calls please
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Canadian Base Operators encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources Representative noted above.”