Capture and Proposal Manager
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Posted: June 7th, 2019
- Closing Date: June 28th, 2019
Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO) requires one permanent full-time Capture & Proposal Manager in its Collingwood, Ontario location. This position will commence as soon as possible.
The Capture & Proposal Manager will report to the Director, Business Development and be responsible for the coordination, preparation, assembly, writing and timely submission of various responses to existing and potential client solicitations, including requests for information, requests for expressions of interest, requests for pre-qualification, and requests for proposals.
Essential job functions
- Act as the central point of contact on assigned pursuits Coordinate/manage the work and timeline of assigned capture & proposal efforts
- Analyze RFQs, RFPs and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans and submissions within corporate guidelines, including editing and formatting.
- Participate in CBO Business Development & Marketing activities as required
- Attend proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as lead the preparation of detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development, including technical bid writing
- Collection and coordination of compliant, competitive bid packages to include technical, management, pricing, commercial and certification volumes in response to a client’s request for proposal or request for qualification.
- Represent Canadian Base Operators’ as required at pre-bid and bid clarification meetings.
- Review client request for proposal / quotation packages, including commercial terms & conditions, and scope of work documents, for completeness and consistency, highlight areas of concern and resolve or follow-up with others to resolve.
- Ensure conformance to client forms of proposal or bid submission.
- Attending meetings when required to record and distribute minutes.
- Maintain database of past CBO proposal content to support ongoing pursuit efforts
- Solicit management/ Red Team reviews and approvals during proposal development
- Monitor proposal content and peer review to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements
- Be a leader and driver within corporate Operations, Health Safety and Environment, QA, Finance, Contracts and Engineering staff/SMEs to develop the technical solution to the request for proposal
- Initiate and attend post mortems, share post mortem results with stakeholders, identify opportunities to improve future bids and keep database of lessons learned.
- Attend trade shows, industry engagement sessions and client events as necessary
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications & Training
- Excellent communication skills, team leadership & management/planning, advanced Word, Excel ,and PowerPoint skills
- 5 Years’ Experience
- Experience with Canadian public sector procurement and Public Services Procurement Canada (PSPC) as well as DND & DCC Supply Manual procurement processes
- Must be SECRET level security cleared with CISD
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. However, failure to submit a cover letter and resume may result in the automatic rejection of your application. ALL INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISOR OF THEIR INTEREST AND INTENT TO APPLY. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be Please forward your application prior to close of business on June 28, 2019 to:
Attn: NATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
101Pretty River Parkway, Suite 6, Collingwood, ON, L9Y 4M8
No phone calls please
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Canadian Base Operators encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources Representative noted above.”