Crew Facility Technician
- Job Type: Contract
- Posted: May 10th, 2019
- Closing Date: May 24th, 2019
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD). Canadian Base Operators, with Raytheon Canada Ltd., will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control. Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO) requires a Crew Facility Technician at our North Bay (NWSCC), Ontario location. This position is permanent full-time.
The Crew Facilities Technicians assist in the maintenance of NWS systems, including but not limited to, power generation, electrical distribution, intrusion alarms, fire alarm/suppression systems and SCADA systems at all NWS sites, including LSSs, and report directly to the Facilities Supervisor.
Essential job functions
- Strong experience and knowledge of building electrical, mechanical, HVAC and building structural systems, check, operate, maintain, repair and modify equipment and support the five LSSs.
- Provide guidance to customer personnel in establishing operation, maintenance, and inspection procedures and techniques
- Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommends corrective action.
- Assist in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation
- Assist in devising and implementing preventive maintenance programs and keep performance and maintenance records on equipment
- This position may be required to travel to various NWS sites, some of which are in remote, northern locations and subject to inclement weather conditions. Work will take place both indoors and outdoors, at times be physically demanding.
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free; wear personal protective equipment
- Prepare personal timesheets
Minimum Qualifications & Training
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ collective related experience in a commercial or industrial setting
- Journeypersons provincial trade certification as Electrician, Mechanic or HVAC Techinican
- Ability to read and interpret related drawings and manuals
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A with valid certificate
- Must already hold a Level II (Secret) Clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
- Hold a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial equivalent
- Customer service and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English)
- Must be available for weekend and after-hours work.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. However, failure to submit a cover letter and resume may result in the automatic rejection of your application. ALL INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISOR OF THEIR INTEREST AND INTENT TO APPLY. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your application prior to close of business on May 24, 2019 to:
Attn: NWS HR Representative
Canadian Base Operators
101 Pretty River Parkway, Suite 6
Collingwood, ON L9Y 4M8
Fax: (705) 446-9008
No phone calls please
Attention is drawn to the Staffing and Recruitment SOP (SM-007) and Screening, Interview and Selection Process SOP (SM-008). These procedures must be followed. For all internal applications, employees are required to notify their current Supervisor, Manager and Human Resources Representative of their application at the earliest possible time.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Canadian Base Operators encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources Representative noted above.”
Canadian Base Operators is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Canadian Base Operators is committed to assisting Raytheon in their provision of long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.