LCMM Facilities Electrical and Fire (Ottawa)
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Posted: June 7th, 2018
- Closing Date: June 22nd, 2018
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD). Canadian Base Operators, with Raytheon Canada Ltd., will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control. Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO) requires a LCMM-Electrical and Fire at our Ottawa, ON location.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Electrical and Fire Life Cycle Materials Manager (LCMM) is responsible for providing life cycle management oversight and guidance for various electrical systems, grounding, fire systems and PLC-CMS.
Essential job functions
• Perform Life Cycle Management for a variety of systems, which includes reviewing processes and practices, formulating recommendations and suggestions for improvement
• Provide a trend analysis of facility condition reports
• Maintain Volumes I and II of the NWS PM Program and all associated task cards. Update task cards including maintenance intervals and methods to ensure continued serviceability of equipment and systems
• Establish training standards and requirements for technicians operating and/or maintaining equipment
• Maintain statistics, create and submit timely reports, and estimates on manpower requirements as required by the SOW and the company
• Advises and assists in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation. Participates in planning phases.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures as necessary to support the maintenance and control of systems. Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommends corrective action. Keeps performance and maintenance records on equipment.
• Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. May include configuration/data management.
• Interface with internal and external customers ensuring effective communications regarding status and priority of work
• Enforce safety and security procedures. Enforce company policies
• Responsible for solving problems and/or conflicts with the customer
• Analyze and reconcile data. Investigates inconsistencies
• Determine and communicate impacts to affected individuals, and initiates and takes corrective action
• Prepare report and summaries. Replies to inquiries
• Draws attention to important items and actual or potential problems, and assists in developing solutions
• Check for work correctness. May assist with directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
• Respond to emergency situations
• This position will be required to travel to various NWS sites, some of which are in remote, northern locations and subject to inclement weather conditions. Work will take place both indoors and outdoors, at times be physically demanding.
• Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free; wear personal protective equipment
• Prepare personal timesheets
Minimum Qualifications & Training
• Highschool diploma or equivalent
• Degree, diploma or trade designation in a related discipline
• 10 years of related experience minimum in the facilities systems this position is responsible for
• Strong knowledge of diesel/electric systems, with ability to read and interpret related drawings and manuals
• Valid ‘G’ class drivers’ license
• Must be familiar safety regulations and practices.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
• Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A (with valid certificate) preferred
• Must already hold a Level II (Secret) Clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
• Customer service and detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal skills (English)
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. However, failure to submit a cover letter and resume may result in the automatic rejection of your application. ALL INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISOR OF THEIR INTEREST AND INTENT TO APPLY. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your application prior to close of business on June 22, 2018 to:
Attn: NWS HR Representative
Canadian Base Operators
101 Pretty River Parkway, Suite 6
Collingwood, ON L9Y 4M8
Fax: (705) 446-9008
No phone calls please
Attention is drawn to the Staffing and Recruitment SOP (SM-007) and Screening, Interview & Selection Process SOP (SM-008). These procedures must be followed. For all internal applications, employees are required to notify their current Supervisor, Manager and Human Resources Representative of their application at the earliest possible time.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Canadian Base Operators is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Canadian Base Operators is committed to assisting Raytheon in their provision of long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.