Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Duty
- Job Type: Contract
- Posted: October 10th, 2017
- Closing Date: October 20th, 2017
Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO) requires a Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Duty at our Fort Mackay, Alberta, Suncor - Firebag Aerodrome location. This position is Temporary full-time. This position requires travel, as a Rotational position working 4 days on (Monday – Thursday), 3 days off (Friday – Sunday). Flights to and from the worksite from Edmonton and or Calgary, and meals and accommodations while on site will be provided by the Company.
Vehicle Mechanics, under the direction of the Site Supervisor are responsible for a number of jobs repairs, overhauls, maintains and services diesel and gas powered automobiles, heavy trucks, graders, ARFF and other emergency response equipment, pickup trucks and small engines. A commitment to safety is a must. Other duties as assigned.
Essential job functions
1. Perform corrective preventative and modification maintenance on all vehicles and equipment assigned
2. Diagnoses equipment problems, determines repairs needed on equipment assigned, and demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
3. Knowledge of various vehicles and equipment types, how they work and to repair.
4. Responds to site preservation emergencies and environmental emergencies, other duties as assigned
5. Secondary duties, as required, may include but not limited to: conducting environmental, safety and quality checks, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
6. Proficiency with MS Word, and Excel
7. Customer Service
Minimum Qualifications & Training
• Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman or Equivalent (provincial and or Interprovincial) and possess the diesel endorsement
• Valid Driver’s License – Alberta Class 1 or Class 3 with Q endorsement or provincial equivalent
• Clean Drivers Abstract
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Previous experience with manual handling principles
Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following:
• Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification – EVT – from a recognized institution ie. Society of Automotive Engineering – SAE – would be an asset
• Radio License (aeronautical)
• Basic Safety Orientation – Enform would be an asset
Successful Candidates will be subject to the following:
• Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Screening
• Pre-Employment Audiogram Screening
• Drivers Abstract Review
• Criminal Record Check
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and proof of related training to outline how you meet the qualifications stated above.
All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. Attention is drawn to the Recruitment and Orientation (CBO – PROC – 001) and Screening, Interview & Selection Process SOP (RM-007). These procedures must be followed.
ALL INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISOR OF THEIR INTEREST AND INTENT TO APPLY. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your application prior to close of business on Thursday, October 20, 2017 to:
Attn: Diane Sorrell, HR Advisor
Canadian Base Operators
No phone calls please
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Canadian Base Operators encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources Representative noted above.”