British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS)
The British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS) is a British Army unit located at the vast training area of Canadian Forces Base Suffield near Suffield, Alberta, Canada. BATUS is the British Army’s largest armoured training facility and it can accommodate live-firing and tactical effect simulation exercises up to battle group level.
The inventory of buildings to maintain and support is made up of 144 buildings with a total gross area of 114,983m2. Approximate break down: Accommodations – 28,015 m2; Hangers – 2,559 m2; Institutional – 323 m2; Kitchens – 638 m2; Maintenance Transport – 42,733 m2; Office – 11,123 m2; and Warehouse – 22,592 m2.
Role of CBO
CBO provides Facilities Maintenance and Support Services to the British Army Training Unit (BATUS) at Canadian Forces Base Suffield in Ralston, Alberta. In addition to overseeing routine service to all 144 buildings on-site, CBO provides Demand Services arranged under Additional Work Requests for the entire training facility.
Hard Facilities Management Services:
- Building Envelope Maintenance
- Door Systems (Inspection, Testing, Maintenance, and Repair (ITMR)
- Electrical Systems (ITMR)
- Elevator and Lifting Systems (ITMR)
- Fire Detection and Suppression Systems (ITMR)
- Generator (ITMR)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Systems (ITMR)
- Life Safety Systems (ITMR)
- Plumbing Systems (ITMR)
- Pool Systems Maintenance and Repair (ITMR)
Soft Facilities Management Services:
- Integrated Pest Management
Ancillary Services (Facility Support Services):
- Service Management and Coordination
- Job Tracking and Management
- Plan and Drawing Management
- Budgeting and Financial Control
- Help Desk Services