CBO and our affiliates have worked hard throughout 2022, with staff going above and beyond by participating in numerous charitable events.
Throughout the year, our staff coordinated with local charities in the communities where CBO and our partners operate. From participating in Christmas toy runs, to donating to local food banks, to providing jerseys for the Arctic Bay community basketball team, our staff answered the call of duty to give back throughout 2022.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank the charities and organizations for all their endless efforts, and we are happy to be able to participate whenever possible. CBO has grown our organization and expanded our operations across Canada, allowing us to give back to more communities.
CBO is proud of each site’s dedication and would like to acknowledge out staff and partners’ hard work throughout the year:
4th Canadian Division Training Centre (4 CDTC) in Meaford, Ontario
- Donation to the Harbour Run in support of the Meaford Hospital Foundation
- Attended the charity golf tournament in support of Indigenous Reconciliation Day
- Laid a wreath during the Meaford Remembrance Day Parade
- Donation to Owen Sound Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Donation to McPhail School Nutrition Program
- Donation to Meaford Nursing Home’s Support a Senior at Christmas Program
15 Wing NFTC in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
- Staff attended Toy Runs in Regina and Moose Jaw. Toys were donated and gathered by the Salvation Army for Christmas
- Donation to the Regina Salvation Army
- Donation to the Hunger in Moose Jaw charity
British Army Training Unit in Suffield, Alberta
- Donation to the Ronald McDonald House in Medicine Hat
- Sponsorship of the annual Ralston Rodeo at CFB Suffield. This long-standing event brings military and ranching community members together to celebrate and exchange their culture.
CFTS in Southport, Manitoba
- Continuation of support to the Eagles Wings Flight School for their involvement in their student flight training program with Indigenous youth
- Provided a flight simulator ride in support of a Children’s Wish Foundation fundraiser
- KF Aerospace put out a call for support this year for a recently arrived Ukrainian family in Portage who needs everything to help make their apartment a home. CBO employees personally donating items such as coffee and end tables, kitchen cloths and towels, and other items
- CBO provides annual line painting to the helipad at the Portage la Prairie Hospital
- Airfield and food services support to the annual Landowner’s Appreciation Day, which involves an afternoon of extensive familiarization flights to local landowners in appreciation for continued overflight and landing authorization of private farms and properties
Acden Base Operators (ABO) – Suncor Firebag Airport in Alberta
- Donated and volunteered at the local food bank
- ABO in conjunction with Acden, initiated a vending machine service at Suncor Firebag Airport which 10 per cent of the profits are donated to Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation
Once again, CBO would like to thank all the staff who put in the extra effort to support their local communities. We wish all the best to our employees, clients, and partnerships this year, and hope 2023 is as successful as last year.